- 1 tbsp olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 400 g can tomatoes drained, chopped
- 2 prepared pizza bases
- 6 slices char-grilled eggplant
- 150 g buffalo mozzarella thinly sliced
- 12 basil leaves coarsely torn
- Preheat oven to hot, 220°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Cook tomatoes for 3-4 mins until slightly thickened, stirring from time to time. Season to taste and set aside.
- Place the pizza bases on prepared trays. Spread each with about 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce. Top each with eggplant and mozzarella. Drizzle with a little extra oil.
- Bake pizzas for 5-10 mins or until bubbling and starting to brown around edges. Transfer to a cutting board and scatter with basil leaves. Cut pizzas into wedges to serve.
Tagged: Eggplant and Basil Pizzas, herb use in Eggplant and Basil Pizzas, how to cook Eggplant and Basil Pizzas, using eggplants in Eggplant and Basil Pizzas, what herbs to use in Eggplant and Basil Pizzas