- 2/3 cup Fine Grit Bourghal
- 2 large Eggplants, sliced
- Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 3 Tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup Flat-leaf Parsley Leaves
- 3/4 cup Mint Leaves
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup Plain Yoghurt
- Lemon Wedges, to serve
- Place bourghal in a bowl. Cover with cold water. Stand for 20 mins to soak. Drain. Transfer to a tea towel. Gather ends and twist to squeeze out excess moisture.
- Meanwhile, heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Spray eggplant with oil. Cook in batches for 2 mins each side or until tender and golden. Cool.
- Combine bourghal, eggplant, tomato, parsley, mint, oil and 1 tbsp lemon juice in a bowl. Season. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Combine yoghurt, remaining lemon juice and enough water for pouring consistency. Serve with tabouli and lemon wedges.