5 Great Ways to Use Egg Whites
1. Protein pancakes. There are heaps of protein pancake recipes out there, but we love this one, and with each serving, you get nine grams of protein. Want to ramp it up? Increase the amount of egg whites called for. You’ll end up with thinner, more crepe-like pancakes, & you’ll get double the protein! And we guarantee you they’re just as tasty.
2. Smoothies. Forgo the unnatural powders and go with Egg Beaters 100% Egg Whites in your smoothies! The egg whites in them are pasteurized, so they’re safe to eat raw, and unlike many protein powders, they don’t really have a taste. So you can easily mix them with your favorite fruits and veggies for a healthy and filling start to your day. Try this raspberry smoothie recipe to get you up and going in the a.m.!
3. In the microwave—with cheese. It may seem too good to be true, but it’s not. You can make deliciously cheesy eggs in the microwave, in like five minutes. Yea, it’s pretty life changing. See how to make them here, and we recommend getting creative by experimenting with veggies, salsas and dips in your microwaved egg whites!
4. Baking. It’s easy to bake low-fat desserts when you have egg whites! Don’t believe us? You will see as time goes on with recipes to choose from. White Cake with Berries and Cream…Blueberry-Lemon Coffee Cake…Strawberry Shortcake—the deliciousness goes on & on.
5. “Fried” anything. Like that crispy or fried flavor on chicken or fries? Instead of coating with full eggs, use egg whites! Doing so cuts calories and makes for a light and crunchy batter, no matter if you’re breading or not. Try them in this Sweet Potato Fries recipe—you will not be disappointed.