SWEET POTATO FRIED CHIPS RECIPE
A flavorful and healthful alternative to traditional fried potatoes
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Egg Beaters® 100% Liquid Egg Whites
- 2 teaspoons Gebhardt® Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||2%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||10%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray large baking sheet with cooking spray. Peel sweet potatoes; cut into 1/2-inch wide slices and then into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Combine Egg Beaters, chili powder, salt, garlic powder and cumin in large bowl; whisk until frothy. Add potatoes and toss to coat. Spread potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Spray evenly with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes, or until tender and golden.
For a dipping sauce for the fries, try combining 2 tablespoons Hunt’s® Hickory and Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce with 2 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise plus 1/4 teaspoon Gebhardt® Chili Powder