A classic dessert you can feel good about: fresh and warm apples, cinnamon and sweet crumbs o’ Nilla Wafers. All the flavors and crunch you love, but made over smarter.
- 4 large Granny Smith apples (2 lb.), peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup cold margarine
- 25 Reduced Fat NILLA Wafers, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping
- HEAT oven to 350 F.
- TOSS apples with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Spoon into 8- or 9-inch square baking dish.
- COMBINE oats, remaining sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in wafer crumbs; sprinkle over apples.
- BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until apples are tender. Serve topped with COOL WHIP.